I read this on http://rpmfind.net and some other places via google.com
searches (I was about to buy that motherboard and two Celerons a while ago,
but decided not to).  Calm down :-).

The electrolytic capacitor thing seems interesting..  I wonder if that's what
it is...

Since I'm just a software person and not an electrical engineer, a bad
capacitor means that I'll have to probably replace the motherboard,
processors, and RAM at the very least -- something that I was hoping to avoid
for another couple of years until dual G5s come out :-(..

It froze again today when I was about to use the system :-(.  Fortunately,
the fsck times (currently use only ext2, but would like to use resierfs) seem
very fast in the latest cooker compared to what they were several months ago
:-) (new version of ext2fsck?).

I've read that several kernel debuggers are available for the Linux kernel.
I haven't spent much time looking into whether or not it's built into the
cooker kernels, so I was wondering if anyone here knows the best way to try
to debug the kernel.  I'm very anxious to find out exactly where in the
kernel these freezes happen ;-), and if it's consistently in the same place.
Time for me to hit the HOWTOs :-)...

--
--Steven Lawrance--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]