>I read this on http://rpmfind.net and some other places via google.com
>searches (I was about to buy that motherboard and two Celerons a while ago,
>but decided not to).  Calm down :-).
>

>The electrolytic capacitor thing seems interesting..  I wonder if that's what
>it is...
>
>Since I'm just a software person and not an electrical engineer, a bad
>capacitor means that I'll have to probably replace the motherboard,
>processors, and RAM at the very least -- something that I was hoping to avoid
>for another couple of years until dual G5s come out :-(..
>
>It froze again today when I was about to use the system :-(.  Fortunately,
>the fsck times (currently use only ext2, but would like to use resierfs) seem
>very fast in the latest cooker compared to what they were several months ago
>:-) (new version of ext2fsck?).
>
>I've read that several kernel debuggers are available for the Linux kernel.
>I haven't spent much time looking into whether or not it's built into the
>cooker kernels, so I was wondering if anyone here knows the best way to try
>to debug the kernel.  I'm very anxious to find out exactly where in the
>kernel these freezes happen ;-), and if it's consistently in the same place.
>Time for me to hit the HOWTOs :-)...

Hm I'm haveing it happily , no problems already ~2 years,
it's true that ( since 2.4.x ) syslog is full of tousend and tousend of
lines
APIC error on CPU0
APIC error on CPU1
the lst message repeated two times
but no loks
smbd mentined smth about loking NT with SoundBlaster
well he probably should take a look at the README of NT
:)