Eugenio Diaz wrote:

> Have anyone else had any problems with 2.4.13-6mdk?
>
> I have had 3 kernel panics since I upgraded last night!
>
> one when killing X with CTRL-ALT-BS
> one when running a dump backup
> and one when simply login in gdm
>
> I was able to see the output of one of them, and it said something about
> "panic while paging"
>
> Are we still using the Rik's VM? When are going to have 2.4.[14 | 15]?

I have had two more panics since I posted this last message!

The first, I left my machine to watch some tv, and when I came back it was
crashed on a screen saver. I hit the reset button, and went back to the
living room, and when I came back it had rebooted, and crashed again. It
was at the login console, and I could see the panic message. It was on
process 'iptables'.

This leads me to beleive the is a problem with 2.4.13 and iptables, since I
am have a DSL line and I am running gShield for firewall. I turned my
firewall off by running '/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop', and I am watching
what happens. In the meantime, I found this message in usenet:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=c1a064a0aa081b2a&rnum=1

Any ideas?

There are also a lot of reports about 2.4.15pre2 & netfilter problems
causing panics ...

--
Eugenio Diaz, BSEE/BSCE
Linux Engineer