Hi

>> That will be fixed, kernel-source package needs to be rethought
>> (kernel-headers needs to dissapear and be included in glibc),

fabrice> what ? glibc ? Do you mean that files in kernel-headers never change ?
fabrice> Upgrade my whole glibc just to match my kernel version seems to be a
fabrice> pain. On top of that I believed that glibc developer didn't want to be
fabrice> too linux specific ? you're going to be flame by RMS : lol

No, that is the point, you don't update glibc each time that you
updates the kernel, that means that you need to have around the
headers of the kernel with which you compiled glibc, not the ones of
the running kernel.

And that is the normal approach, glibc should include their own kernel
headers, and only change them when the glibc maintainer knows why he
needs to change that.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy