On 12 Nov 2001 16:56:27 +0100
Yves Duret <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just made an heavy update to scannerdrake and ScannerDB thanks to
yours
> contributions following my call some weeks ago. It should now handle
and
> configure most of the scsi and usb scanner that are known to be
working under
> linux.

I tried it this afternoon, and selected an Epson 1240U.
First try didn't work out.
It set it up to /dev/scanner which didn't exist.

So I tried again.
I loaded uhci (I had scanner and usbcore already loaded).
Mounted /proc/usb/bus, and ran scannerdrake.
It found my scanner at /dev/usb/scanner0.
So it works fine.

I'm just wondering why it didn't autodetect it the first time.
I don't have any usbd running. Also no kudzu or harddrake.
I started service kudzu, but that made no difference.
I still needed /proc/bus/usb mounted, and uhci loaded.
It was intended that way? I'm only wondering.

My version here is:
drakxtools-1.1.7-48mdk

Greetings
--