andre wrote:

>Yesterday i installed cooker. When i try crtl-alt-5 i should get a euro
>sign but i don't get one. What should i change in my setup to get it

Not a real answer but sth. that's bothering me from the beginning and
related to the Euro.
I've got a md8.1 and the Euro doesn't work in KDE, you get ? instead. It
does in xterm & gedit for instance.

My /etc/sysconfig/i18n contains :
SYSFONT=lat0-sun16
LC_CTYPE=nl_BE.ISO-8859-15
LC_MONETARY=nl_BE.ISO-8859-15
LANGUAGE=nl_BE:nl
LC_TIME=nl_BE.ISO-8859-15
LC_NUMERIC=nl_BE.ISO-8859-15
LC_COLLATE=nl_BE.ISO-8859-15
LC_MESSAGES=nl_BE.ISO-8859-15
LANG=nl
SYSFONTACM=iso15

Of course my personal settings in KDE are set to use iso-latin-15 and I
use the font adobe-helvetica-15 througout.

A lot of people struggle with this but never is there any real reason
given by Mandrake why this  doesn't work, I suspect sth. went wrong
during KDE compilation but I'm stabbing in the dark. At one time
reference was made to  an errata but that didn't solve it. I read a lot
of mail around this even in cooker in the before md8.1 period but I
believe the locale settings and others are correct.

Guy.