Op wo 23-01-2002, om 23:22 schreef Danny Tholen:
> > > No, it is not. There is no EuroSign defiend at all on the "us" keyboard
> > > layout from XFree86.
>
> Than XFree86 must be wrong, or dutch us keyboards are different for US us keyboards:)
>
> I have a new "dutch" keyboard, which is just a US keyboard (setxkbmap nl, gives me
>all kind
> of wrong symbols when pressing certain keys, for instance: @ instead of ~).
>
> Next to the 5 is located an Euro (¤) symbol. So I think it is obvious that something
>like alt-5 is supposed to
> make an euro-char?
>
> ..this actually comes down to adding this line to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/us
>(or make an nl_us entry):
>

>     key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
>                               [  EuroSign                     ]       };
>

> and substituting the AE05 line with:
>
>     key <AE05> {        [         5,    percent         ],
>                               [  Eurosign,  cent             ]       };
>

> This works beautifull for me and is better than the deprecated (?) xmodmap stuff.
>
> While we're at it, maybe other much used dutch characters (é, è, ë) can be added as
>well somewere (question:
> where???????? so I can make a complete file?) in this new layout. It should be
>submitted to the X people I guess,
> since us keyboards are muuuccch more used in holland than the original dutch
>keyboards.
>
> Also an entry for dutch keyboards should be made in the kde-control center.
>

> Oh..another question: any idea where I find (or define?) this 'Compose' key?
>

> Danny

I have done some changes to /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/nl as a quick
hack(Pablo do NOT add this to X) to let the euro work
Don't know if 8859-15 supports ij but i would suggest adding that one to
the list. There is only one problem. The symbol looks awful in the font
i use. That is if ydiaeresis is the same letter as ij, ÿ which i think
it is but i'm not certain

// Converted keytable file to xkb/symbols/ file
// with mk_xkb by [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Sep 30 00:53:29 MET DST 1997

// converted from the nl-latin.map of the Linux kbd package by
// Pablo Saratxaga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

default partial alphanumeric_keys
xkb_symbols "basic" {

    // Describes the differences between a very simple US/ASCII
    // keyboard and a very simple Nederland keyboard

    // Alphanumeric section
    name[Group1]= "Nederland";

    key <AE05> {        [         5,    percent         ],
                        [   Eurosign,   cent            ]       };
    key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
                        [    eacute,    Eacute          ]       };
    key <AD04> {        [         r,    R               ],
                        [ paragraph,    registered      ]       };
    key <AD05> {        [         t,    T               ],
                        [     thorn,    THORN           ]       };
    key <AD06> {        [         y,    Y               ],
                        [ ydiaeresis,   Ydiaeresis      ]       };
    key <AD07> {        [         u,    U               ],
                        [ udiaeresis,   Udiaeresis      ]       };
    key <AD08> {        [         i,    I               ],
                        [ idiaeresis,   Idiaeresis      ]       };
    key <AD09> {        [         o,    O               ],
                        [    ograve,    Ograve          ]       };
    key <AD10> {        [         p,    P               ],
                        [ paragraph                     ]       };
    key <AC01> {        [         a,    A               ],
                        [    aacute,    Aacute          ]       };
    key <AC02> {        [         s,    S               ],
                        [    ssharp                     ]       };
    key <AC03> {        [         d,    D               ],
                        [       eth,    ETH             ]       };
    key <AC04> {        [         f,    F               ],
                        [ ordfeminine,  ordfeminine     ]       };
    key <AB01> {        [         z,    Z               ],
                        [ guillemotleft                 ]       };
    key <AB02> {        [         x,    X               ],
                        [ guillemotright                        ]       };
    key <AB03> {        [         c,    C               ],
                        [      cent,    copyright       ]       };
    key <AB06> {        [         n,    N               ],
                        [    ntilde,    Ntilde          ]       };
    key <AB07> {        [         m,    M               ],
                        [  Greek_mu,    masculine       ]       };

    // End alphanumeric section

    // begin modifier mappings
    modifier_map Shift  { Shift_L };
    modifier_map Lock   { Caps_Lock };