Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you and the app vendor are
at having a standoff as to who is going to solve the problem and NEITHER
of you care that the user is getting screwed in the equation.  Now I
really don't expect Corel to care whether the user gets screwed or not,
but I somehow would expect more of Mandrake.  Am I expecting too much here?

- George