They have an installer you can download from their
site that installed it fairly painlessly. I was even
able to install it within the last month on cooker.

That said, there has been little to no movement on
Corel's part to improve or even support their linux
version. It seems to be in line with a lot of
commercial products I have dealt with in the past
unfortunately. I have gotten rather spoiled working
with open source software.

I actually have noticed a curve between cost of
software and the lousyness of the software and
support. They both seem to escalate together. This
continues to baffle me.

--- George Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Charles A Edwards wrote:
>
> >On 23 Jan 2002 19:44:55 +0100
> >Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> and the app
> going to solve the
> getting screwed
> to care whether
> expect more of
> >>>
> >>We're not talking about the same thing here. One
> thing is the
> >>ethical/moral issue, another thing is user
> satisfaction. Of
> >>course as a company our main goal is user
> satisfaction, yet
> >>sometimes this aim clashes with another issue, and
> we can't say
> >>that promoting free software is not deeply
> connected to user
> >>satisfaction if you see it more globally.
> >>

> >If I can chip in here as just an average joe user.
> >
> >I own WP8 in both the Win and Linux versions, I
> like it as a wp and, in the
> >past have used it often.
> >
> >But however you cut it WP8 is a commercial
> application.
> >As such any resonsability for it maintance,
> portabilty, and futher development
> >rest squarly on the shoulders of its developers.
> >
> >Now, Corel, the outstanding company which brought
> us the ground breaking
> >and ever popular Corel Linux (tounge planted firmly
> in cheek) no longer supports
> >WP8 in any shape, version or form and in viewing
> there website one might
> >wonder if it ever existed.
> >
> >Am I bothered by this?
> >Damn right!
> >Do I feel that it should now be Mandrakes job to
> ensure that WP8 will run on
> >each new version of Mandrake Linux?
> >Oh, it might be nice, but no I do not expect them
> to do so.
> >
> >Just as once good hardware becomes old and obsolete
> and falls by the wayside
> >so also does software.
> >WP8 is now becoming another such causualty.
> >
> >There are now many other good/exellent wps
> available for linux and most
> >are being constantly developed and maintained.
> >
> >If only WP will do then the choice is to spend the
> $s for WP Office.
> >
> >In a "perfect" world everything would always work
> and in dreams I at times
> >stumble upon one, but then I am once again trying
> to get that gd nvidia
> >driver mod to load.
> >

> >    Charles
> >

> >Do not mourn for the dead, celebrate the living and
> life.
> >

> Well I just had a need to generate business cards.
> My choices for that
> (other than WP8) were glabels (an excellent little
> tool by the way) and
> Open Office.  I chose Open Office because it has
> better font and
> formating capabilities.  I was able to work around
> some bugs and correct
> some others and come up with some fairly presentable
> business cards.  As
> good as those produced by WP8 any day.  I hadn't
> [...]

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"There never was a good war or a bad peace."
Benjamin Franklin