I think the problem/issue in this case is the fact
that hardly anything can open wordperfect documents
anymore, except wordperfect. For those of us that have
documents in those formats, we stand to lose a lot of
our work.... so that is a bit frustrating. If it is
still available, I do know that WordPerfect 2000 (wine
version) still works with cooker, but it forces a
payment for a relatively unsupported, bloated and
neglected product.

--- Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> George Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you
> and the app
> > vendor are at having a standoff as to who is going
> to solve the
> > problem and NEITHER of you care that the user is
> getting screwed
> > in the equation.  Now I really don't expect Corel
> to care whether
> > the user gets screwed or not, but I somehow would
> expect more of
> > Mandrake.  Am I expecting too much here?
>
> We're not talking about the same thing here. One
> thing is the
> ethical/moral issue, another thing is user
> satisfaction. Of
> course as a company our main goal is user
> satisfaction, yet
> sometimes this aim clashes with another issue, and
> we can't say
> that promoting free software is not deeply connected
> to user
> satisfaction if you see it more globally.
>

> --
> Guillaume Cottenceau -
> http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"There never was a good war or a bad peace."
Benjamin Franklin