On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 01:51:04AM +1100, Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> I see it this way:
>
> you compile an application, it should work.
>
> You compile mutt, but it doesn't work with  ncurses and if you don't have
> color.

I don't understand what you mean here: both original mutt from mutt.org
and from srpm compiling without slang works just perfect, and without
color if you haven't set them, with colour if there are set ;-))

> You compile mutt , but it works with slang regardless of whether you have
> color or not.

Working is not the work I would use: it's usable, nothing more...

> I also like ncurses better, but something should work regardless of whether
> you have color or not ...

If I remember well, version 25 was just working perfectly for all user,
so why don't you come back to it?

As I am: I am mutt compiled with gcc-3.03-2mdk, don't know wheter it
really change something...

The "mutt problem" has at least learned me how to build empty rpm which
provides kernel and alsa (I prefer mine...).

Thanks you very much,

        Grégoire
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]