Hi someones already found the ansewr to this as the're running it.

Which version of the SDL packages have been used ?

ie SDL_image wants SDL 1.2.0 before it will compile, the last I can find
on cooker is 1.7, I suspect SDL_mixer is the same and there's a patch
with it ..

oncwe again its a case of new package out, and probally good , but hells
own teeth trying to locate the support packages.
I've learnt from bad experiences that mixing other distro rpms with
mandrake rpms is a recipe for disaster..

So those who say it great , please share the secrets with the rest, or
at lest me

TIA
bg Richard