On Friday 08 February 2002 10:53 am, Han wrote:
> Hoyt Duff ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Is the BSD kernel superior to the Linux kernel?
>
> On some part yes. On some others not. In most cases it is a matter of
> taste.
>
> But your question is stupid. No doubt about that.
>

> Groetjes, Han.

Stupid in what way, Han? In an insulting way, or in a poor translation from
your native language? I'll assume you're not a jerk and respond politely. If
I'm wrong, will you let me know?

>From what I've seen of the BSD's, the userland tools are very similar to
those in Linux. Linux seems to have have more robust GUI tools; the BSD's
seems to have more robust console newtowrking tools, but overall very
similar. The big difference must be in the kernels. Since the rest of the two
OS's are more or less comparable, are there significant advantages in the BSD
kernel? It may seem so, since Debian is at work adapting their packages to
work with the BSD kernel, but is it really worth the effort. And, to finally
be on-topic, would Mandrake do well to examine the BSD kernel as well?

Hoyt