> Could someone explain me the current state of msec? The documentation
> obviously does not reflect the current state of this package.
>
> I'm running my laptop with security level 3 but I don't want to run
the
> RPM_CHECK. I tought that this was easy; I changed RPM_CHECK=yes to
> RPM_CHECK=no in /etc/security/msec/security.conf. But this file gets
> rewritten on every reboot!
>
> I tried to understand what is going on by reading the /usr/sbin/msec
> script. Do I really need to learn python to configure msec?

Looks like that :( But actually any script language is like any other.
Lisp is different matter :)

I presume, creating file

/usr/security/msec/level.local

and putting there

set_security_conf('RPM_CHECK', 'no')

should do  the trick. For all levels :( But yes, it needs more
user-friendly configuration or at least good documentation how to set
these basic variables.

-andrej

I don't like