Yves, the dynamic icon creation on the desktop now works with devfs
enabled and running, but after clicking on it it runs XSane (link name:
XSane /dev/usb/scanner0), then bombs out with the same error as before:

xsane: no devices available

It does seem to take a little longer though before erroring out (if that
helps any :) ).

-Bill

=======