Fabrice FACORAT wrote:
> le mar 19-02-2002 à 08:08, Franki a écrit :
>
>>perhaps that is something that should be initially filled out at install,
>>then, should it require changes later, you should be able to start it from
>>control panel.
>>
>>One last thing, Mandrake should not make any GUI tools that don't have
>>console
>>alternatives, so I'd like to see a setup for this from the console also.
>>(the servers that can potentially benefit most from this don't always run
>>GUI.)
>>

> on top of that servers package should not rely on ... java
> this destry my java sun jdk install while installing kaffe
> They may need a total rewrite

IMHO, the following article is important reading before deciding how
best to do this:
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/400/

The author of the article has received 20 mails so far, quite a few
offering to start writing a generic configuration tool/library ...

Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202
GPG Key                       http://ranger.dnsalias.com/gpg.key