Just to add to the fray....
There is a story on slashdot of a minor hack which is
supposed to significantly improve aa font rendering.
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/03/06/0112235.shtml?tid=104

--- Michal Bukovjan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi cooker,
>
> there is a new freetype2 lib and from the changelog
> (of 2.0.7):
>
> -----------------------
>
>   - Fixed two bugs in the Type 1 font driver.  The
> first one resulted in a
>       memory leak in subtle cases.  The other one
> caused FreeType to crash
>       when trying to load ".gsf" files (Ghostscript
> so-called Postscript
>       fonts).
>
>       (This made _many_ KDE applications crash on
> certain systems.  FreeType
>        _is_ becoming a critical system component on
> Linux :-)
>
>     - Fixed a memory leak in the CFF font driver.
>
>     - Fixed a memory leak in the PCF font driver.
>
> ----------------
>
> Since in cooker there is apparently 2.0.6, I think
> it should be upgraded, just because of KDE
>
> Michal
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature
name=smime.p7s

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change.  Creativity keeps
the creator alive.

-FRANK HERBERT, unpublished notes