Le Mercredi 6 Mars 2002 11:54, vous avez écrit :
> Olivier Thauvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > What are the three last line ?
> >
> > < package install_steps_auto_install;
> > < $graphical = 1;
> > < push @graphical_steps, 'doPartitionDisks', 'formatPartitions';
>
> these lines tell the auto_install to not be completly automatic. The only
> steps that will be non-automatic are doPartitionDisks and formatPartitions.
>
> this makes me think that's this is the old way to tell the auto_install.
> Nowadays, you can use "interactiveSteps" to achieve this. I'm changing
> this.
>
> > How can I be sure that each partitions will be associate to the good
> > mount point (is the order of partition section important) and drackX will
> > not erase my non [ext[23]|reiserfs] partitions.
> > There is a way to setup manually only the partitionning.
>
> that's it.

Yesterday (or this night), I looking for the new darkxconf and find the
autoinstall tools. This is a very good idea but I have suggestions (perhaps
not for actual 8.2 if it is too late):

- Purpose just to create the file auto_inst.cfg and maybe the syslinux.cfg
- Purpose to select a list of packages as during the installation with
dependency resolving for creating this from server for all distribution's
versions, and put directly the file on ftp|NFS|http serveur
- Can set all parameters as network, ect...

I know this need a lot of work and perhaps you are in way to do this. It is
just suggestions.

At time I'm testing auto_inst over ftp, I have a dos partition with just
syslinux, kernel and network.img, I boot and all unless partitionning and
format. I can said you this work very well ;-)

And I forgot, write the doc, but I think it is not most important for the
moment !

Very Thanks.

--
Linux pour Mac !? Enfin le moyen de transformer
une pomme en véritable ordinateur.
\======>