On Sat, 2002-03-16 at 06:14, Frédéric Crozat wrote:
> Le Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:52:06 +0100, Quel Qun a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The desktop background is still not loaded automatically after startx
> > using gnome and gmc.
> >
> > There is surely a way to specify the bg in a config file, but I cannot
> > figure it out.
>
> Try removing your ~/.gnome/session, bg-applet is probably not called by
> initiating gnome session, therefore not setting background..

Ok, I tried a few things here:

I added

rm -f $HOME/.gnome/session*

as the first line of .xinitrc. For the sake of completness, this is
followed by:

xmodmap -e 'keycode 116 = Super_R Multi_key'
startgnome

As long as I log out of gnome after closing everything, the bg is
reloaded when I run startx again.

However, if I logout of gnome leaving an app running, the app is not
restarted and the bg is gone.

There used to be a decent session management with gnome+gmc...
=--=
kk1