I'll go along with that.  I was about to submit a report about this but then
saw this thread. I have noticed the system will degrade in the same way if my
parprt Zip drive is attached after the system has booted. When installing 8.2
/ Cooker I had the Zip drive attached. Having never done this before I wanted
to see what difference it actually makes. Any modprobing and super mounting
therefore was put in place by the stock install procedure and it does use
Supermount.

Owen