Howdy

There was asuggestion I read on kde-look.org of all places that the order of
execution for the scripts in /etc/rc.d be changed so that X loads as soon as
possible, and background services which don't need to be up immediately are
started 'behind X'.

I haven't experimented just yet. My R&D box is now production box, so fiddling
is to be kept to a minimum.

Ciao
Budgee

--