On Sun, 2002-05-19 at 14:28, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> On Sundayen den 19 May 2002 19.49, OS wrote:
> > Given the current state of hibernation on laptops (usually involving a
> > Kernel panic due to NULL pointer exceptions) why on Earth would desktop
> > users want to be subjected to that !
> >
> > Owen

> > > I think so because it's mainly a desktop focused distro... I can't see
> > > why we couldn't have this too when there's so much other fx candy
> > > anyway...
> > >
> > > 1. patch the kernel.
> > > 2. integrate it into userspace.
>
> If it works, fine, if not skip the hibernate stuff. It was merely an

i don't have the full email thread, but have a partial of it here.

i believe we're commenting about teh "suspend to disk" feature. ..ditto,
it is a "killer feature" and I would use it also, but it doesn't work
with the XFS Filesystem from what i understand.

would be a killer feature if you could use this feature with a the XFS
Journalized Filesystem.  It does, however, or may work with ext3
filesystem.

--
Roger
-----