On Sun May 19, 2002 at 09:51:41PM +0200, Yves Duret wrote:

> > I can see that vsftpd is becoming increasingly popular. More secure than
> > wu-ftpd and ProFTPD and also very fast according to reports. I tried it
> > myself, and it's certainly fast and easy to setup.
> >
> > Any plans to add vsftpd to Cooker? Maybe it's even a strong contender as
> > the default ftp server for the next Mandrake?
>
> AFAIK, vdanen planed to include it...
> vincent ?

I was thinking about it, yes, but discussion with others decided that
two FTP servers was enough for Mandrake (I agree), and my preferred
solution of removing wu-ftpd in favour of vsftpd was not well
received.  =)

I could probably do something in the relatively near future and put it
in contribs (unless you have a srpm already made?).  Or, if that
fails, at the very least put it on rpmhelp.net with qmail, djbdns, and
others.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://www.freezer-burn.org/bios/vdanen.gpg | gpg --import"

Current Linux kernel 2.4.18-6.4mdk uptime: 1 day 8 hours 27 minutes.