On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Hmm, I also just tried to build it - what are the "DEVTOOLS" the j2sdk
> needs?

[gb@no po]$ cat ~/hotspot/make.sh
make ALT_MOTIF_DIR=/usr/X11R6
ALT_BOOTDIR=/home/gb/hotspot/JDK1.4/usr/lib/jdk-1.4.0 ALT_DEVTOOLS_PATH=/
ALT_JAVAWS_PATH=/home/gb/hotspot/JDK1.4/usr/lib/jre-1.4.0
HOTSPOT_BUILD_JOBS=3 MILESTONE=beta BUILD_NUMBER=mdk1
ALT_MOZILLA_PATH=/home/gb/hotspot/mozilla $*

BTW, they built with mozilla 0.9.5 headers. It just happens to still work
at runtime. :)

> And how did you patch the Makefile, so that it accepts Cooker and gcc
> 3.1.1?

Look at jdk/j2se/make/common/Sanity.gmk
Change CC_VER to use $(CC) -dumpversion
Change OS_VERSION to get 4th field of /etc/mandrake-release

Also arrange further uses/tests of those variables.

> And last - the build instructions say that there are motif 2.1
> sources included with the src package.  Is that true?

I don't know, I used Lesstif as a replacement. Or, I hope it used the
ALT_MOTIF_DIR I requested.

Bye,
Gwenole.