On 21. jún 2002 o 07:29, Laurent Montel wrote:

> Le Friday 21 June 2002 04:13, Nathan A. Smith a écrit :

> > I can not get any of the koffice apps to start.  When I run them from a
> > console I get the following error:
> >
> > koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the native MimeType in
> > kword's desktop file. Check your installation !^M
> > DCOP: unregister 'kword-10659'^M
> > Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy^M
> >  DCOPServer : slotTerminate() -> sending terminateKDE signal.^M
> > klauncher: KLauncher::process ---> terminateKDE^M
> > kdeinit: terminate KDE.^M
> > kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed^M

> you launch kword in kde environment or not ?
> Do you have launch once kde ?
> Try kbuildsyscoca.

this is not a fully workarround. as i wrote latelly, i bring koffice
from cooker to work, but i don't write how, because it was "famous"
topic about pdf attachments...

you must doing this commands:
mkdir ~/.kde/share/applnk-mdk
cp /opt/kde3/share/applnk/Office/ ~/.kde/share/applnk-mdk -r
maybe: kbuildsyscoca
set enviroment KDEDIR to /opt/kde3
and now run office aplications from this environment..

Laurent, why there is still kde3-koffice package which is installed in
/opt directory? you wrote, that you'v made a new package lately.

--
Linux 2.4.18-19mdk
Mandrake Linux release 8.3 (Cooker) for i586