On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:36:02 -0400 (EDT) "Yura Gusev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 5. Notice of Automatic Software Updates from Sun.  You acknowledge that
> the Software may automatically download, install, and execute applets,
> applications, software extensions, and updated versions of the Software
> from Sun ("Software Updates"), which may require you to accept updated
> terms and conditions for installation. If additional terms and conditions
> are not presented on installation, the Software Updates will be considered
> part of the Software and subject to the terms and conditions of the
> Agreement.
> 6. Notice of Automatic Downloads. You acknowledge that, by your use of the
> Software and/or by requesting services that require use of the Software,
> the Software may automatically download, install, and execute software
> applications from sources other than Sun ("Other Software"). Sun makes no
> representations of a relationship of any kind to licensors of Other
> Software. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SUN OR ITS
> LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST REVENUE, PROFIT OR DATA, OR FOR SPECIAL,
> INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED
> REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE
> USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OTHER SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SUN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF
> THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
> Why what and WTF? Can you tell me since Sun started developing spyware
> software?

There's no mention of spyware here - did you forget a piece? All this says is it will
automatically DOWNLOAD (that means put on your computer, not take from your computer)
updates.

--
Murray J. Root
DISCLAIMER: http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/