OS wrote on Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 09:29:38PM +0100 :
> Please, please could someone tell me exactly why it is considered a good idea
> to thrash the disc and clobber the system by doing all this :
>    run-parts

ls -l /etc/cron.daily
ls -l /etc/cron.hourly

Remove the msec link and you get rid of a small portion of the
clobbering.  Remove the slocate link and you get rid of a good bit of
the clobbering.  Remove the logrotate and you run out of disk space
soon.  It's up to you really.

The real question is, "what are you doing up at 4 AM"?  :)

Blue skies...           Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because