Hi Warly:

Thanks to your response to my frustrations with reporting bugs.

I have included two quotes below.  The first is from the announcements from
the last four betas and the new release candidate which requests we should
report bugs in the product.  The second is the response we get when we make
the effort to report a bug.  I have never seen anything so assinine in my
life.  Why the support team thinks sales should handle this escapes my
logistical capabilities.

The nice thing about MandrakeExpert is that you can have a mini conversation
there but without all the "list" noise.  The respondent could simply say
"we're working on it" or "fixed" or.......whatever.  But to post these stupid
replies is just nonsence.

I am fully aware that a lot of stupid bugs are posted.  I try not to be among
them but, unfortunately, the quote below is not uncharacteristic and
MandrakeExpert IS the mechanism that is recommneded for "newbies".

Perhaps the solution is to remove MandrakeExpert as a bug reporting mechanism?

Additionally, if Mandrake is going to advertise Bugzilla as a bug reporting
mechanism then some explanation of how to use it should be available in the
announcements or somewhere on the Mandrake web site.  Perhaps bugzilla should
be removed from the announcements as well and limit bug reporting to the
list?  If the list is the only effective means of reporting bugs then get the
other two eliminated from the announcements.  If I were a developer I would
appreciate only having to look in one place for bug feedback.

It is very frustrating to try to respond to a request to report bugs only to
discover that the recommended mechanisms don't work or are ineffective.

Chuck Davis

<quote>
3) If you are quite new to this whole Linux/UNIX(TM) thing, you can report
bugs by submitting them to MandrakeExpert -- just cite 'Mandrake Linux 9.0
beta1' as the product version.
</quote>

<quote>
Thank you for using MandrakeSoft Professional Services technical support. Each
MandrakeSoft boxed product provides time-limited installation support. The
installation support period is due.

Several solutions are now available:

If you are not a box owner, or are a box owner whose support period has
expired, then you may benefit from our premium support channel in the
'MandrakeSoft Support' tab above. For more information, check out the FAQ

http://www.mandrakeexpert.com/index1.php?tab=help&PHPSESSID=167dced99579d1893f5fc302e6a63ec5#14

We don't make any support to beta or release candidate version of your Linux.
Please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best regards,

The technical support team.
 Mandrakesoft.
</quote>

> Well, at some points developper has to choose between developing and
> answering all the incomplete, unuseful, or already fixed bug report.
>
> If you are not answered it is mainly because your bug reports are not
> relevant, or because you are not doing enough job for us to fix
> more easily.

I was answered but quite stupidly, if you ask me, since I was following
directions.  So....
[change the announcement directions || fix the reporting mechanisms]