On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 12:44 PM, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

>> It's a configuration file for SASL.  Go read the postfix-sasl
>> documentation on mandrakesecure:
>> http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/postfix-sasl.php
> The mandrakesecure HOWTO lacks two useful details:
> - smtpd needs to be run un-chrooted to find sasl file
> - broken clients needs special consideration (special directive in
> postfix
> configuration for Outlook4, and plain or login authentifications
> methods
> provided by relevant sasl plugins for Outlook5)

There *is* an under-utilized mechanism on MandrakeSecure to allow
constructive user comments, like this, to any document found on the
site.  These details could be included by yourself as a user comment.

If you do (and I hope you do as it may lead others to do the same in
the future), please provide a little more information on the second
point, as in what the special directive is and how it should be set
(and where).

The articles on MandrakeSecure are not a be-all/end-all thing...  I'm
sure there is a lot more information that could have been provided than
just these two points.  To me, the first point is a given; a chrooted
postfix would need the sasl database within the chroot for it to be
useful, which would require a user to rebuild/reconfigure cyrus-sasl to
a new path that is within the chroot.  To me, this was self-explanatory.

The second, however, is a good point.  I leave it to you to make the
necessary user comment on that article.  =)

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx - source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"