--- Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Start paying attention.  9.0 was supposed to be
> released last week.  It
> got pushed back a week to fix an issue.  But you're
> arguing that we
> should delay it so we can fix some guys error where
> the kernel doesn't
> think he has a PS/2 mouse port and nobody else has
> seen this issue.  For
> all we know fixing his issue will break something
> for a huge group of
> people.
>
> Sometimes fixing things for one thing will break
> things for other
> people.  Take for instance the machines that don't
> turn themselves off.
> Apparently this has something to do with the
> Mandrake kernel not having
> ACPI support in it.  But if we enable ACPI support

I don't think that's the reason, in fact I'm pretty
sure it's not.  I think it was an update to some
package like maybe util-linux or modutils or
something.  I had thought it was the kernel, but
2.4.18/19 (no ACPI support) work fine on the mostly
8.1 machines of my parents and sister, but doesn't on
mine with slightly more Cooker.

Anyway, I'm gonna try to figure it out sometime.
Probably December.

> then other people
> will have even worse problems.
>
> Face it.  There will be bugs and there will be
> tradeoffs.  Mandrake does
> the best that they can.

I agree with everything else you say.