On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:12, Ben Reser wrote:
> Well people with those machines have reported that enabling ACPI in
> their kernel's usually fixes their problems.  But I personally haven't
> tried it.  I don't really care I'm not so lazy that I can't press the
> power button.

It's kind of handy for the hit-shutdown-leave-house-running scenario when
you're doing last minute stuff. I have a dual PPro200 box that powers down
the drives one by one but won't power off; my wife's previous box would
kernel-panic instead of powering down, but everything else is well-behaved.

Cheers; Leon