On Sunday 22 September 2002 07:56 am, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:02:45 +0200, Rufferto a écrit :
> > Hi People!
> >
> > Mozilla don't asks for download plug-ins if installed with Mandrake. I
> > need to install it by my self, if I intend to use some Plug-Ins, like
> > Macromedia Flash and Java... Is that intended to be so?
>
> Yes, since Mozilla doesn't (yet) support installing xpi packages for
> non-root users.. So, for 990f users, these popups are not useful at
> all..
>
> I suggest you install Java using RPMs available from Sun java.sun.com and
> flash from Macromedia tarball (just put the files in
> /usr/lib/mozilla-1.1/plugins)

Not to mention that the install plugin popups couldn't be more annoying.  I
don't _want_ flash, yet it harasses me about it all the time (and doesn't let
you use the browser until you click "cancel").  One of the things I always do
with a fresh Mozilla is rm -f ~/mozilla/plugins/libnullplugin.so.
--
-- Igor