Hi Igor!

I hope people are not developing linux just for your use. Actually I really don't like flash animations and such a stuff, but Mandrake 9.0 is about to be released and other users, not so skilled like you and flash lovers (for example) would like to know what is happening. Don't you think?

Is the whole development made just for aces and gurus??? Macromedia haters?

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 15:53, Igor Izyumin wrote:
On Sunday 22 September 2002 07:56 am, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:02:45 +0200, Rufferto a écrit :
> > Hi People!
> >
> > Mozilla don't asks for download plug-ins if installed with Mandrake. I
> > need to install it by my self, if I intend to use some Plug-Ins, like
> > Macromedia Flash and Java... Is that intended to be so?
>
> Yes, since Mozilla doesn't (yet) support installing xpi packages for
> non-root users.. So, for 990f users, these popups are not useful at
> all..
>
> I suggest you install Java using RPMs available from Sun java.sun.com and
> flash from Macromedia tarball (just put the files in
> /usr/lib/mozilla-1.1/plugins)

Not to mention that the install plugin popups couldn't be more annoying.  I
don't _want_ flash, yet it harasses me about it all the time (and doesn't let
you use the browser until you click "cancel").  One of the things I always do
with a fresh Mozilla is rm -f ~/mozilla/plugins/libnullplugin.so.
--
-- Igor