Good grief. It was just a ploy to get attentiion. I am a Mandrake, even cooker
fan. I've been living on cooker personally about 75% of the time for the past
two years. There have been times when I couldn't get anything done and
reverted to "stable".

I'd love to fix it but that is a fantasy I am not likely to realize. I am
learning a bit but probably just approaching the dangerous stage.

Yes, it is the mysql.com RPM marked as "RedHat". I looked at two at rpmfind
and urpmi reported bad signatures.

Yes, I have been flailing and things are messy here.

isql will execute sql commands on a remote mysql server. The key bindings suck
and a newline marks the end of a command but otherwise it looks rather like
mysql. Without the myodbc driver, isql simply hangs with no output on a
readline. I managed to get a seg fault on one version I tried.

DataManager survives to the login when I try to list tables.

OO calc does the same.

I think a functioning OO MS Access like facility would be fantastic and will
contribute significant effor to get there..

Jim Tarvid