Hi,

Sounds events sometimes stutters, repeats itself or stop prematurely
under GNOME.

I suspect this to via82cxxx_audio OSS driver module.

Running Athlon 1GB, MSI K7T Pro Turbo (KT133A chipset), onboard VIA686c
sound chip, ATI Radeon QD All in wonder AGP, 256MB RAM

This might be of interest to kernel developers - I found this in my syslog:

Oct  2 13:14:48 bladerunner kernel: Assertion failed! buffer !=
NULL,via82cxxx_audio.c,via_dsp_write,line=2308
   Oct  2 13:15:45 bladerunner kernel: Assertion failed! buffer !=
NULL,via82cxxx_audio.c,via_dsp_write,line=2308

ALSA modules, which worked for a long time for me, seems broken after I
enabled those by hand. But perhaps they are fixed in Alsa 0.9rc3, MDK9.0
ships with Alsa 0.9rc2.

I also added PciRetry option to my XFree86-4 config file, no change.

Michal