On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, steve ide wrote:

> What is this BULL* via sound drivers create more problems than they solve
> the fact is there is a problem with interrupts with these chipsets. I
> love Linux and use it every day. The best way is to use a decent
> soundcard (sblive etc..) works fine !! (accounting pracitce in PARIS)  I

The SBLive is a "decent" soundcard? Well sure it's popular but from a
hardware point of view it has been responsible for a range of frustrating
problems on VIA motherboards (even going as far as to corrupt DMA
transfers) problems (it wasn't built correctly to the PCI spec). You
picked a bad example there...

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/