On Tuesday 08 Oct 2002 10:37 pm, Ben Reser wrote:
everybody who has an i686 machine is missing the point. Every rpm on the
installation cd's are for i568, so why is there a directory named i686. the
fact is that if the rpms are for i586 then the kernel should be for i586 and
anybody who has a i586 should recompile the kernel themselves. ok the
processer or the software that identifies it is bugged, but if the i686
directory had not been there, this whole problem would not have happened :-)
rowland