On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 16:34, Vincent Meyer, MD wrote:
>       I'm finally at a point where I can retire the Gateway Solo 9100 I've
> been using for the last few years.  It's the machine I use for both my
> day-to-day work and for cooker.  Now comes the fun of selecting a new
> laptop to replace it.  Suggestions from the cooker participants would
> be greatly appreciated.  If this is considered too far off topic, feel
> free to answer off list.

As long as you're running cooker, I don't think it's off-topic.

Anyway, to answer your real question.  I've been running cooker on an
IBM T23 for 4 months now without a hitch.  Sound, video, dvd, etc. all
work perfectly (initial install with 8.2, then made the switch to
cooker).  I haven't "installed" 9.0, so I don't know if there are any
glitches with that.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger