On Friday 18 October 2002 04:53 am, Buchan Milne wrote:
> > 2.) the infamous mouse-wheel problem. WHy does it happen only on
> > install?
>
> Maybe because people installing can't read.

Could we please make the font for that message bigger and/or a different
color?  It's not very easily noticeable, especially when your mouse is acting
like it's on crack.  Maybe even put in in a warning box before it starts
jumping everywhere.  The first reaction for any reasonable person is that the
setting is wrong and needs to be changed.

How about turning off the cursor, telling the person to move the mouse wheel,
and then showing the test screen?
--
-- Igor