--- Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:14:24AM -0800, David
> Walser wrote:
> > Vast majority of what users?  Windows users?
> Hello,
> > this is not Windows!!!
> >
> > Um..Welcome to Mandrake Windows, where we flush
> > innovation down the drain, and strive to
> differentiate
> > ourselves as little as possible from an inferior
> OS,
> > going so far as to damage the work of the open
> source
> > community so it isn't as good.
> >
> > So, um, we're not RedHat.  Let's not do this.
>
> Computer users in general.

Then I don't see how you're figuring that.

> And Windows uses single
> click opening now
> anyway, where have you been?

Using Linux and not Windows for almost 4 years thank
you very much.

> It's not like anyone
> is forcing you to use
> this setting.  Always have to change it to double
> click.  It won't kill
> you to change it back.

I'm well aware of that.  I think this is a stupid
default for other users.

> And if the majority of users
> like double click
> then that's the logical default.

If single-click is superior it's the logical default.
The majority of users like Windows.  We shouldn't
strive to be Windows, we should strive to be better.