Olivier Thauvin wrote:

fails to build will surely get a maintaner attention. The result will be
many less broken packages (I hope).

Hoo, think to poeple who rebuild about 2000 packages for ppc or alpha, who have already to fix lot of packager error about arch specific pb... who have already to deal with reject upload. Try to start an automatic rebuild for all cooker for i686, and think you should have all packages for this arch, you will understand what I am saying...
yes, I understand, it will be a PITA to fix those packages, but it is worse to leave them unchanged and non working because of some missing file.
The real problem anyway is that the rpm spec file is too complex and error prone.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Note.- This message reached you today, it may not tomorrow if you