On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:33:27 +0100
Han Boetes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gwenole Beauchesne ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > And who wrote this? Oh yes, Olivier. :)
> >
> > >How do you deal with this type of files, all are packaged under %doc,
> > >but rpm-build failed: (actually I `rm` it in spec)
> >
> > rm it from where? Under $RPM_BUILD_ROOT? Then that's normal, %doc file
> > is not meant to have file "installed" under $RPM_BUILD_ROOT.
> >
> > So, if you have in your build dir, saysNEWS, simply %doc NEWS, don't
> > install it. This behavior hasn't changed.
>
> 14:29       mpol| duh, rpm now complains about files which are installed but
> unpackaged 14:29       mpol| I never ran into that before. it's new?
> 14:34        Han| mpol, indeed that is new.
> 14:34        Han| The script it not so good. It should just warn.
> 14:34       mpol| hmm, even when I rm those files it just stops after
> /usr/lib/rpm/check-files

This last line was just user error. But I agree with Han, it should just warn.

But I'm not in command at MandrakeSoft :-)
But things like this make it really tempting to just add a filelist like this
and be done with it.:

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%{prefix}/*

--
Marcel Pol

Linux 2.4.19-18mdk-ringworld.1, up 3 days, 14:41
Registered User #163523