On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 07:48:38PM +0000, Stephen Pickering wrote:

> I'd like rpmdrake & urpmi to have an option to list updates that are
> over say 'n'
> days old, a command line switch for urpmi, eg:
>
>    urpmi --available_for 5
>
> I've found that sometimes an rpm is released and it screws the system, a few
> hours or days later a new rpm is released which cures the problem.

Yeah, I would like this.  I would use it for production releases as
well, not just keeping a bit of distance from bleeding edge Cooker.

> BTW: rpmdrake is what sways most people to change to Mandrake from the likes
> of RH.

Yeah?  I am not disputing this fact but am interested in why people do
switch.  If you can, please cite the source of the data that backs
this statement up.

> Just need it to support deb's and for Mandrake to make the switch :-)

I _really_ do not want to start the deb. vs. rpm holy wars again, but
I get so sick of hearing it from deb-heads.  Why are debs so much
better than rpms?  Tell me what you can do on a Debian box that you
can't do on a Mandrake box, package installation-wise.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell