On Monday 09 December 2002 22:34, Todd Lyons wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:52:28PM +1300 :
> > You say that the way Mandrake handles it is better (ie. it uses the SIS
> > driver, not a generic one), I beg to differ. My screen was barely
> > visible with ANY of Mandrake's combo's...with Knoppix it is beautiful. I
> > don't care which driver gets used, so long as it works!! Does
> > acceleration matter if you can't see the screen first!!??? I would say
> > the most important thing is to be able to see the screen!!
>
> For every user that feels that way, there is another user who knows just
> enough about hardware to know that in Windows it has acceleration and
> will badmouth $DISTRO because it doesn't do acceleration.  It doesn't
> matter that XFree86 is the one that does or does not have the support,
> $DISTRO is the most convenient target.

OK, looks at Xandros then, you can start up in default SVGA mode from a text
mode menu. At least with this you would boot, see a black screen for a long
time then power off, reboot, and get the nice text screen that at least lets
you start in 800x600/1024x768 SVGA mode.

The information contained in this message is confidential and
is intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received
this message in error or there are any problems please notify
the originator immediately.  The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. This
message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses.
Orbiscom Ltd. will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or
consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents
of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.

www.Orbiscom.com