David Eastcott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Saturday 04 January 2003 08:59, rcc wrote:
> > drakx fails at install_steps_interactive.pm line 196 with an "undefined"
> > error. Seems that this is on loading firewire mods. However, I'm not
> > that much concerned about that, I can easily skip that and rebuild
> > stage2.
> >

> Actually the error is:
>
> Warning: undefined subroutine &modules::interactive::load_category called ...
>
> removing the ::interactive at lines 170, 196 and 198 solves the problem.
> Maybe additional issue because the number of parameters at lines 170, 196 and
> 198 are different.

oops. the pb is a missing "use modules::interactive;"

fixing!

> Also, earlier error still present which prevents printer setup:
>
> could not start chmod! at ... /common.pm line 226 ...

there are quite a few pbs with printerdrake at the moment. I tried to
fix some but there are tvignaud's bugs and don't want him to reproach
me for stealing his bugs ;)

> > What troubles me is that the cdrom modules aren't loaded with hd
> > install. Both cdrom and ide-cd get a "not found". And I don't know where
> > these modules are. I can't extract them from
> > modules.cz-2.4.19-16mdkBOOT. I took parts of the insmod perl out of
> > commands.pm into a small perl script and used it to extract modules, but
> > those cdrom modules seem not to be in there. Are they in the initial
> > ramdisk?

kernel 2.4.19-16mdkBOOT has neither ide-cd nor cdrom, those modules
are built-in the kernel.

> > btw, are there any docs about making the initial boot floppy (stage1 and
> > the .rdz)?

available documentation is in
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gi/docs and
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gi/mdk-stage1/doc