--- "R.I.P. Deaddog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The idea is if you install this you *want* that.
> BUT,
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> *THIS* idea is broken in this case. How many people
> will
> install *only* 1 theme? Generally people install
> many
> themes, and switch one by one later on if they like.
> If
> Geramik can establish itself as the default theme,
> why
> others can't? Or let them fight -- the first one
> installed wins?

You totally misunderstand the point of Geramik.  It's
not a regular Gtk+ theme.  Its only usefulness is in
being the default theme, along with KDE's default
Keramik theme.  In fact, Geramik is really only for
KDE users, and only they would *install* it.  No Gtk+
user is going to install it, let alone select it if
it's not default.  They're not that great looking
themes, the only value in them is keeping
color/font/etc settings consistent between Qt and
Gtk+, like Bluecurve, just a bit less ugly.

Also, even given this, the way it was done before
still lets you decide to disable it as default, or
make something else default and *DOESN'T GET IN YOUR
WAY.*  It took great care in this.  Now it's just
totally broken and useless.