I also get this error.

It appears twice when I login on the console,
and twice when I log off.
I'm joining the strace output of the process "login", as well as my partition tables.
(I got my partition tables in diskdrake, button "more")

An idea I'm just having. I got this error twice, after having plugged two different USB storage devices, then powered them off.
The icons have appeared on the desktop when I plugged them, but did not disappear when I powered them off. So maybe two invalid partitions remains as /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2.
Maybe these non existant partitions cause the ldm_validate_partition_table errors ?

Hope this will help.

Vincent Meyer, MD a écrit:
Hi,

Getting this message whenever I boot up the machine, multiple times at different stages of the boot:

ldm_validate_partition_table(): disk read failed.

no idea why or what it means. What other info will help?

V.