On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:41:41 +0200 (SAST)
Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But saned is included in the sane-backends rpm. All that really needs to
> be done is to make a subpackage which contains saned, /etc/xinetd.d/saned
> (example in the man page) which creates the saned user in %pre.

I couldn't get the sane src.rpm compiled, and I haven't looked at it further
yet.

> Finally someone needs to add sane to the /etc/services file (or try and have
> the sane package mangle it in %post or something).

Just patch the setup rpm?
The portnumber has recently been registered at iana.org, so I guess that
should be ok.

> In fact, if someone will commit the stuff, I will do it myself, testing n
> my 9.0 box which I still need to finish setting up, and mail the changes
> to Till. Only thing to decide on is how to handle the /etc/services entry,
> and handling of device permissions ...

Maybe add saned to the usb or users group?
I have the weird thing here that the device is owned by me as user, and I have
no clue how to get it back to default.

--
Marcel Pol

Linux 2.4.21-0.pre3.1mdk-ringworld1, up 13:50, 5 users
Registered User #163523