Pixel wrote:
> Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>>>If the user setup is done first then new users are more likely to add
>>>themselves
>>>as a user.  Then when prompted for the root/admin. password they will have
>>>already setup a non-root user that can be the default login.
>>>

>>I don't agree with this, unless authentication is split off. Since, in any
>>case where a network authentication method (LDAP, NIS, Windows Domain) is
>>used, in most cases a user account will not be necessary.
>

> well, currently drakx doesn't take this into account when prompting
> for users to add or not...

No, but the person installing does ... the thing you want to ensure
(thus the one that should be done first) is that the root account gets a
good password. The person installing can always add more users later,
but he can't do this easily if he forgot his root password ...

>>A root account
>>is always necessary, and should be where the user uses their good password
>>;-).
>>
>>Of course, there are other problems which are not easily solved, in higher
>>security levels you are asked for an account to send alerts to, before any
>>accounts (including setting of root password) have been made. But I don't
>>hink it would be practical to move the dialog.
>

> i tend to agree. Some people here want to merge both dialog boxes...
> will see...

Maybe remove the alert text field, and instead add another checkbox in
msec>=4 (where the 'wheel', 'xgrp' etc group checkboxes are) to
'Receives security alerts'.

Otherwise, maybe msec could rather send to all members of the adm group
by default instead?

Buchan