On Mon Jan 20, 2003 at 01:21:56PM +0100, Pixel wrote:

> > > i tend to agree. Some people here want to merge both dialog boxes...
> > > will see...
> >
> > Maybe remove the alert text field, and instead add another checkbox in
> > msec>=4 (where the 'wheel', 'xgrp' etc group checkboxes are) to
> > 'Receives security alerts'.
> >
> > Otherwise, maybe msec could rather send to all members of the adm group
> > by default instead?
>
> ah, this is a question for security experts :)
>
> vincent? (i also mailed to [EMAIL PROTECTED], but i don't
> know if it'll go through)

I think I missed some of what we're talking about here.  People want
msec to mail a group of people instead of one single person?  Why?
What's wrong with the single email address msec sends to?  If it's so
important that more than one person gets the mail, why not have it send
to an alias/internal exploder that will send the message to everyone in
the alias?

Or am I missing the point here?  =)

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/